Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It finally happened

I lost it at work today. I finally had an angry moment. Thi is a hectic week for us and I asked someone for help putting these banners out on campus. Our director said, "Get N to do it." There are some alumninum pieces parts that have to be assembled, and I had the telescoping pole in my hand. When I asked this person for help, she said get the students to do it. Well, that might work, but I wanted her to do it. The student workers were coming and going and we needed them for something else. I threw the pole down and said, "Jeeez!" and went to find a grad student to help.

This person's typical atttitude is having someone else do her work if at all possible. I saw this as another example of her poopy attitude toward work. It turns out she had to go to a workshop in half an hour. I had forgotten that. Keep in mind that this is a workshop that she did not have to teach herself--she got someone outside the university to do it. Anyway, I wound up apologizing to her, even though she wasn't completely blameless. She apologized, but I don't know if this is the end of it or not. Fortunately, she doesn't report to me.

Anyway, I just wanted help, not attitude.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, February 28, 2008 11:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Work conflicts are a pain. I'm having some too. Maybe the moon is in poopy phase.

 
At Saturday, March 01, 2008 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

It is so "interesting" when we each have our own agendas to try working together for the bigger picture...maybe one day we will get it right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home