Saturday, February 02, 2008

Need to clear my head

Lately, I’ve been thinking about old Kodiak, how much I miss the big lug. The weather has been cold, but not unbearable. It was raining on Friday, and I came home from a day of squinting at a computer screen, looking forward to a walk outside to clear my head. Since there was no dog to go with me, and for some reason, no wife wanted to accompany me either, I didn’t go.

Our walks were a time to rest a bit from the world and get off by ourselves. Let thoughts swirl around our heads like flakes in a snow globe, and then settle as our minds cleared. We could share a laugh at a silly squirrel, or some Scooby snack of a canine who dared approach us. Maybe we’d stop and sniff a neighbor…um, speak to a neighbor for a moment and then move on.

We would return home, refreshed and renewed.

Well, a bit of anthropomorphizing there, but you get the idea.
__________________________________________________
Good news: my colonoscopy was fine. It was a crappy way to spend 24 hours, but everything came out all right in the end. While I was waiting for the doctor to appear, one of the nurses told me that the doctor had come in on a Saturday and taken care of all the nurses, colonoscopy-wise. I said, “What, did you all have a sleepover?” They thought that was pretty funny. The doctor arrived, shot me full of the good stuff, and as I was slipping away, the nurse said, “There is a student here, would it be OK if he watched?” and I slurred, “That would be wunnerful.”

2 Comments:

At Sunday, February 03, 2008 4:38:00 AM, Blogger John Cowart said...

Good news about your test.

Our black lab, Sheba, died about five years ago after having lived with us for 17 years. I still miss her.

 
At Sunday, February 03, 2008 6:10:00 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I'm glad to hear about your test too. And to thank you for letting the student in. It's hard to be a nursing student.

And by the way, I'm thrilled to hear you root for the blue. I knew you had great taste.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home