Saturday, July 21, 2007

Roseanne was right

Saturday night was a double celebration: we all went out to dinner in honor of brother-in-law John’s birthday, and his and Priscilla’s wedding anniversary. They picked the place—a very pricey restaurant a few miles from their house. They have expensive tastes. It was the sort of place with $40 steaks and $70 surf and turf. I settled on the salmon, a mere $32. They did have chicken for $!8, but I am kind of chickened out at home. We spent a leisurely three hours or so in the place, watching the three sisters get silly. They seemed to be getting primed for Kathy’s coming birthday sleep over at the Ritz in September.

The other day, Kathy and Max and I took Kodiak for a walk early in the morning. He saw one of our feathered friends land on a neighbor’s lawn and he exclaimed, “Look-a birdie! Whenever I see a birdie, my heart is full of love!” How cute is that? I know he won’t be thinking that way at 15, but at 5 it’s just right. Lately he has been promoting vegetarianism, talking about how good the food is and how great it is for you. The other night he asked me directly, “Are you thinking of becoming a vegetarian?”—quite the little proselytizer.

Earlier this week I was afraid my knee was infected because it felt warm to the touch and a red spot was spreading over the affected area. I saw my doctor on Monday, he drew some blood and since my INR was a little high, he changed my Coumadin dose and sent me on my way. I decided on my own to see the orthopedic guy the next day. He said he didn’t think it was infected, so that was a relief. The blood tests turned out fine. Today I discovered why my knee was warm. I’ve been putting ice on it every day and I realized I had given myself freezer burn! Then I went for another INR today and got a call from the doctor’s office saying it was 5.5, so I have to skip today and Sunday and see the doctor on Monday. Just like Roseanne Roseannadanna said, “It’s always something.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home