Sunday, March 11, 2007

Pre-cruise mode

We.are.so.excited. But we can't let on, can't give in. We leave Friday for ten days on Royal Caribbean using this itinerary. Not to put too fine a point on it, but we've been to all these places before. Well, except the Atlantic side of Costa Rica. Anyway, there is no rush to see everything in the country in four hours. We can just relax and make our own fun.

I have to work three days this week and Kathy four. I will pack on Thursday while she is at work. Last time I packed the way they tell you to: a little bit of hers, a little bit of his in each bag. It paid off when the cruise line lost one of our bags for three days. At least we had something to wear. They gave us vouchers for laundry, so we didn't lack for clean clothes. It is a real pain to pack that way--I even keep lists of what went into each bag just in case.

Oh complain, complain. It's just so difficult preparing for these cruises. Honestly, I don't know why we bother to go. (As if I could feel that way.)

This weekend we hit 60 degrees. I am secretly pleased that the temperatures will drop into the 30's and we'll have snow showers here the day we leave. That way it will feel as if we really are getting away from winter.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:32:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I would be so excited to be going off on a cruise - although I have never been on that type of an adventure. Maybe one day - my daughter tells me they are a wonderful way to relax. Enjoy the warm weather and I hope your legs behave as they should!

 
At Wednesday, March 14, 2007 10:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great. I had a wonderful time on a Royal Caribbean cruise last summer. Those are nice ships. Great itinerary too. I haven't been to those places... want to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home